July 26-31, 2016 is the official date of the XXXI World Youth Day, which will take place in Krakow in 2 years. A week earlier, on 20th-25th July 2016, all over Poland, will be "Days in the Dioceses". These dates, proposed earlier by Pope Francis, the Metropolitan Diocese of Krakow, have been considered as the most appropriate dates; the Secretary of State of the Holy See has made their official approval. This means that the opening ceremony of the XXXI World Youth Day will be held in Krakow SIA in 872 days. Today, information is passed on to the public conductive Organising Committee World Youth Day 2016 in Krakow, Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz and Archbishop Damian Muskus.
In the week before the central events take place because the so-called. "Days in the Dioceses", where around 300 thousand young people from abroad will visit their Polish peers in all the dioceses of the country outside of Kraków. From Wednesday (20th July) to Monday (25th July) the young you will be hosted by 43 Polish dioceses (not including Krakow), finding accommodation in the parishes and with families. The coordination of this stage deal with Diocesan World Youth Day Centres and the National Organization Office WYD Polish Bishops' Conference.
After the end of "Days in the Dioceses", on Monday, 25th July, the young pilgrims will go on the road to Krakow for the central events. During the last two days (Saturday and Sunday) the number of participants may be as high as 2 million people.
Framework Plan for the main WYD week in Krakow is as follows:
- Monday: arrival in Krakow and accommodation;
- Tuesday: Youth Festival, Opening Ceremony XXXI WYD Mass. under the chairmanship of the Metropolitan Diocese of Krakow;
- Wednesday: Catechesis in language groups, Youth Festival;
- Thursday: catechesis in language groups, welcome to the Holy Father, Festival of Young;
- Friday: catechesis in language groups, Youth Festival, Way of the Cross;
- Saturday: Festival of Young, Vigil with the Holy Father;
- Sunday Mass. End of the XXXI World Youth Day, the announcement of the next World Youth Day.
(taken from http://www.krakow2016.com/)